« Home | Gay People and People who hang with them are enter... » | Can you say? » | Alfie » | Bystanders can provide hard evidence » | The difference between Marathonbabe & Proudpetite » | Americans, for I celebrate, too... » | "We are not alone" » | Script of Lauer n Cruise » | Don't nobody say... » | How much does having a role rule us? » 

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Policeman of the world

As I was studying the history section, I began to understand how America was founded, the cause and effect relationships between decisions, actions and wars and who exactly were involved.

Information about when's when, who's who and and whatnot is still scattered in my head and I am not ready to discuss these things quite confidently.

However, I can share my experience as I studied along... through the timeline and the descriptions of the highlights/events. Though, this book is biased because it's american, I just noticed how often America rescued for themselves and for other countries.

According to this study guide, they saved themselves from being invaded by British troops. The Declaration of Independence by Jefferson included four sensible statements to keep their country sane. They then made their own country from sea to sea. Americans fought to save states or switch lands, such as Cuba for Florida. They stopped the war between Russia and Japan. America stayed neutral in both World Wars until someone messed them up, like in World War I, Russia violated the agreement by resuming unrestricted submarine warfare and eventually sunk American cruise liner, Lusitania... and in World War II when Pearl Harbor was attacked. Americans helped their allies defeat the wars. Americans helped some countries save their own countries from being invaded by other countries.

Americans went through hardships but were given opportunities to recover such as New Deal (governmental alphabet soup) and the War on Poverty.

Americans went through a lot and yes, there were bad decisions made. Every country makes them, we all do or did. I see how Americans are being offended oftentimes by other countries and even by their own people.

Let's just say I'm sticking to the bias of this book- what if Americans didn't fight for their country? What if Americans didn't help other countries? I cannot see the greatness in the end if for these supposedly approaches.

To begin with, British people may monopolize...
The defeat of the world wars may be the opposite. Some countries would be invaded and in turn, be manipulated by different type of gov't. Would the world be as bad or as great as the world is?

I'm glad how the world is now... Though, there are poverty and many things we need to work on, it takes time and more than one country. Americans cannot do it all to save the world. It just happens that the other countries do not take leaps to help other countries or some countries do not know to stand on their own feet. (Not speaking for all countries)

Americans feel that their country needs to focus on them but they are already intelligent and powerful to handle hardships.

I'm talking endlessly... There's so much to talk about and yet, I know I need to know more about what I just mentioned. I'm reading from one-sided book and sharing experiences of my own.

Why Policeman of the world? Teddy Roosevelt used 'big stick diplomacy' and turned United States into policeman of the world. He earned the Nobel Peace prize for stopping the Russo-Japanese War.

(By the way, Roosevelt was moved by the novel 'The Jungle' by Upton Sinclair which I am about to read after Harry Potter 6.)

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment