« Home | How much does having a role rule us? » | Media - a source of punishment? trusting? » | Happy for Tom » | 14 Facts... » | Clare and the Dandelion Seeds » | Is a Dandelion Named After Lions? » | Listen to the River, Siddhartha » | Second Game » | Stormy Highway » | Truth Defeated » 

Friday, June 24, 2005

Don't nobody say...

"I told you so" about this article on CNN. Lauer and Cruise having an argument on 'Today'.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/24/people.cruise.ap/index.html

I haven't seen anything new yet.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

No? You mean you still can't see his arrogancy?

I can see why people would find him arrogant but I see that he is frustrated... frustrated like I was when I was working at different schools finding students getting medicine treatments just like that. I've said this often that I get fumed to see more and more children getting pills shoved in their system.. I imagine he sees more than I've seen and is fuming about it. Or is more passionate about it than I am.

Interview- Tom being questioned about scientology
Tom- still stands to his belief
Interviewer- opposed to his belief
Feelings- controversial, angry, disagreement

That's nothing new.. just a build up. The more of this, the more of that.

How was the interviewer opposed to his belief, I didn't see that anywhere... it seemed like Lauer was asking questions (probably leading questions) and Tom basically snipped back. Honestly, I dunno how the whole thing went but I sure did not see Lauer opposing his philiosophy.

Anyway, good thing we got people like Tom, to show to other people that not all movie stars really are great. You would be surprised on what a lot of people are commenting about Tom, especially in the BBC post.

To me, not only Tom is arrogant, he's also bordering on the line of being a fanatic who is no better than a devout Christian preaching at the world, thinking everyone is condemned unless believing in Jesus, well in his case, everyone is condemned unless we have "extensive' knowledge of psychiatry.

And of course, party by drinking cappuncios under his expensive Tent.

Maybe oppose is the wrong word... I dont know if the source includes everything they said but Lauer mentioned that drugs helped people he knows, which is not what Tom believes in.

It is surely no surprise that the world looks down on him. So typical of the world to do that to people when they cannot stand those kind of people and not bother look beyond their own philosophy.

As this CNN source I previously mentioned, Tom did say he allows others to be in their religion they want to be, such as christian, catholic or whatever and still check into scientology. Scientology is not necessary a cult one has to be a member of but a philosophy one can choose to believe in with the other religious beliefs they have.

What Tom said to Lauer in the interview was kind of rough. He's being questioned all the time and he's frustrated perhaps because not many people knew what's going on with medicine. I went to the bookstore and there is one long bookshelf full of books about children and medicine. I wish I have all the time for reading but I got the basic idea.

Think of it this way-- food and drinks filled with fake, cheap sugar (HFCS). FDA is like pyschiatry, going for money, faster replacement and easy way.

Grins, I cannot help it but comment!! I do love this debate. Well, Tom never said he 'allows' people to have whatever religion when practicing Scientology, he simply said you could have both at the same time... like a combo where a hamburger comes with fries, or in that case, milk shake, winks.

Scientology is not a cult, it is not a "reiligion" in the eyes of the theology however, it is a spiritual thing like one would describe the Celestials (sp). You do not need to be religious to be spiritual, that's what Tom meant.

Heh, good interpretation (and analogy) of what Tom could mean. I would very much love to ask him this question: "Can I believe in something else instead of scientology?" and see what he says. I mean he's using the example to define how one can be religious and be a scientologist at the same time and I don't think he's telling one has to be a scientologist but said one could be. I'd love to be hired to interview him to ask what he really means.

Actually, for me, it's been uncomfortable saying scientology is a religion... In my perspective, religion means believing in whoever their god is. Scientology isn't about that but religion generally and in Tom's words, means to believe in spirits.

"You do not need to be religious to be spiritual"... I totally agree and can associate with this but that contradicts with the definition of the religion above - which is why I am uncomfortable calling scientology a religion.

As you pointed out- the eyes of theologies (I believe I have these eyes)... it's not a religion. The thing is, nobody bothers to think this way and still see Tom Cruise as a religious preacher. I couldn't see him this way but I see him as someone who sees the world going out of control and he was like "somebody, would you just take a look? Do you have an idea what the world's been doing to you? Do you know you can make yourself better?" It's like your friend would snap you out of a blur.

It's way even better than telling someone to believe in GOD...

no thanks but that explains why mostly movie stars (famous ones) are into Scientology, they can afford it!

hey JK, thanks for the link. I'll need the time to read before I reply.

Add a comment