« Home | Relocating African Wildlifes to US?? » | Feminine Touch at Home Depot » | Tidbits # 3 » | Canada's no-fly list... » | One too many titles to decide here... » | Jeeps and a buck » | "U.S. deals with Canadian pot head" » | Policeman of the world » | Gay People and People who hang with them are enter... » | Can you say? » 

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Gas Price Skyrocketed...

Last week, my Dad was telling me about the gas price since we've heard of the news about the increasing cost per litre. It didn't happen in our hometown at the moment Dad was telling me a few things about gas. One of the things he said, "The sign has no room for another digit." It's always been three digits with a decimal before the last number. Say 92.7 which would mean 92 cents point 7. Now that the skyrocketed price has went beyond a dollar per litre.

When I was driving up to Listowel, I saw how the towns came up with the over-a-dollar per litre cost on the sign. They would just take the first 9 off and put zero in it. Say it's 04.2, it would mean a dollar and four cents point 2 per litre. When I drove by Atwood, a town before Listowel, I saw the price on the sign that went '98.5'. It used to be the one I avoided pulling over to fill in, but now it is the price I would be thrilled to find.

I checked in the newspaper and thought this comic was hilarious. I wish I have it scanned, but I can explain what it was. You know neighbours would go next door to ask for a cup of sugar when they are out of sugar. This comic, it shows a neighbour bringing a cup to the next door and asked, "Can I have a cup of gas please? I need to buy sugar." Though he could ask just for sugar, but it is the gas price that drives the neighbour pleading for gas more than sugar from the next door.

Today, I sat outside in the open garage with Tanner and Dad. We watched people, bikers and cars go by. Dad was telling me old tales as usual starting how he never thought of living in this house when he was fourteen attending high school (which is located in front of this house). He remembers this house from his memories when he was fourteen. That was hmm, FIFTY-THREE years ago. Holy, I didn't think of that til now. Anyway, he mentioned about how the price on the sign for gas used to be the cost per gallon. It was like 3 dollars per gallon... but then the cost raised up to the point where they had to base the price per litre instead of gallon. Dad wondered if the price would skyrocket up to the point when the cost on the sign would then be based on per cup. Heh :) That's when I told him about the comic and he laughed.

How far will the price go up? I wonder.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

yeah its like 3 dollars per gallon in california. geesh..

Thank god for the cars we have, Echo, Civic, Corolla. :) It's not a gas hogger.

Praise the lord for the ECHO!

yea, I can't imagine using bigger tanks or cars that run out of gas quickly. Though, my car saves gas well, it is still pricey for my pocket.

I remember filling my gas in United States for $13 dollars (Fall 2003) and now I fill it up for $25 dollars (Summer 2005).

Big diff!

Add a comment