« Home | Happy for Tom » | 14 Facts... » | Clare and the Dandelion Seeds » | Is a Dandelion Named After Lions? » | Listen to the River, Siddhartha » | Second Game » | Stormy Highway » | Truth Defeated » | What a child's smile can incredibly do... » | A woman's body » 

Monday, June 20, 2005

Media - a source of punishment? trusting?

Tom was punished by Media, said Steven Spielberg (Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/20/people.spielberg.reut/index.html)

I surely sound obsessed by bringing it up again but then, media is everywhere about it and I shall spare some thought into this one.

However people said about what Tom did, however different Speilberg said about Tom in one source last week and in a different source today -- Media is already twisting enough and believe it or not, we are influenced into forming opinions about others because of the twisted media. How do we decide the media (the third-party source) is quite accurate to make sound and fair judgments of others?

For all I know, I saw a direct action about Tom who jumped on the sofa and exclaimed with excitement about his new-found love. It's coming from him. That's all I care.

As a matter of fact, I should be aware of the potential photo/video manipulation as well. Will live shows be any more trusting in the future with newer technology advancements?

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

did u hear about this photographer squirting a water gun in tom's face? hehe. oh boy.

they probably had enough with Tom and him abusing his role as an actor. *shrug*

good thing it's only water ;)

*curious* how is he abusing his role as an actor?

well, I noticed he only speaks out whenever his movie comes out - as if he's grabbing the opportunity to speak (free interview - free publicity). Do you ever noticed during the interviews with Steven Speilberg and Oprah.. they were taken aback when he spoke about his new found religion and katie. Steven was upset about it because he wanted to talk about his new movie - not Tom's personal life and belief. Oprah, well is Oprah. :)

How come we didnt hear about it before?

Pamela Lee Anderson - an advocate for PETA - she's an actress but whenever she represent PETA - it's all voluntary - she does it at her own time - not while she's promoting a movie or such.

Angelina Jolie - who passionately contribute her time in cambodia and other poorer countries - she rarely talks about it at premieres unless an interviewer askes her about it.

John Travolta and Kelly preston - theyre also BIG on scientology whatever that is but kept it low:)

I would like to see the source where Steven is upset about Tom because I saw from a interview source that Steven supports Tom to do whatever he wants. (http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,353577,00.html)

I'm making a contradiction here cuz I was saying how twisted the media is.. but then I'm looking at a few. This interview source I just pasted-- might not be as authentic as it is... sources that you all read, may not be as true, too. But if they are all true, then I should not allow them to make a only picture of how it is.

I just think -- let Tom be who he is. He is Tom, more than just an actor itself. I admire Angelina Jolie for what she does but we can't say everyone should act like her or be like her, Pamela Anderson or John Travolta. There are several people in our Deaf community I admire for volunteering, there are people I admire for speaking up to promote Deaf education, there are other people I admire in different ways and they do their ways differently. Volunteering isn't the only good thing. Tom may not be meant to do what Jolie or Anderson do.

I saw it on HBO - Steven Speilberg's body language was obvious.. but here's the script of that interview

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,353577,00.html

you can see at the end of the interview - it was more focused on scientistlogy (grrr cant spell it) than the new movie itself.

like i said, if you want to see that comment about steven being upset, BUY that article on nytime, the one that i had titled specifically in your comments section :)

Lore... well said about the PETA and how he uses his free publicity. I found the squirting the water in his face immature though.

oh yea... tell me something new about the media being "trusting"... michael moore shouted it ontop of his lungs and people before him have done so as well. how come we are not hearing anything a bout bush's memo while brits are hearing alla bout it? its on their headlines and here... u don't see it a wee bit. perhap sin ny times but those reds don't read nytimes, it's too "liberal" for them.

I read the script... As far as I can see in that script, Spiegel, the interviewer, was the one who started bringing Scientology after discussing about the movie in the interview so Tom, of course, had to answer and talk about it. So did Spielberg.

From my understanding of this script (one of world's many interpretations), Tom and Steven indicated their differences in beliefs and such but maintained professional and respect of each other.

Why is NY times a better media source than most? Why does it cost to read their article whereas other articles are free to read?

Though I mentioned I like to read and see what it has to say, if that shows how Steven was upset..how is it valid enough while the other articles are not.

One sentence could be well misinterpreted. I know I'm being anal about it. It's just that I'm feeling resentful that people make judgments about the celebrities, who are so much like us. What they say or do, is more of a big deal to people than what we do or what we say -- it's because we make a deal this big.

As far as I know, I feel safe to make judgments on media itself, rather than people, readers, and celebrities.

Funny you chose the word 'rely'... Rely on media than celebrities? How are these terms, ‘rely’ and ‘making judgments’ same, semantically? See how a sentence can be misinterpreted.

I said, “I feel SAFE” to make judgments on media than celebrities because first of all, media is a direct experience for me… I face media daily. I’ve seen differences and similarities. Celebrities – I have had no direct experience with them and I cannot make judgments on them with confidence.

Add a comment