« Home 

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Roaming Australians

Shutterbabe again:

"Why is it that wherever you go on this immense planet, you can always find Australians on holiday? It must have something to do with growing up in a former penal colony. They're probably culturally programmed to seek freedom, roam."

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

That's so damn true, believe me, i speak of experience. First, the aussies then second, the Dutches! Actually, the Dutches tend to live aborad, not explore or roam. :)

I recalled a friend saying he met an old dutch couple in Playa del Carmel, Mexico. I dont know if they lived there or just traveled there.

So you're saying from experience that Dutches just go out of their country to live somewhere else. I can understand if they do this to explore or roam... but to live somewhere else without the intention to explore; there must be a reason for that.

My wee assumption (without knowledge) that first came to mind is that they live abroad to just spread the touch of Dutchness across the world? but how would that benefit them?

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm proudpetite
  • From Canada
  • petite::athlete::teacher::dog lover::photoshooter
My profile

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates